Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflective Post

I really enjoyed taking this class. I never realized how crucial technology is within each classroom and how it enhances each students learning. Two of my favorite websites for technology in classroom is Hatch and Waterford's Early Learning. This video shows a little bit about Hatch:


I found the textbook really helpful and full of awesome concepts that I can’t wait to use in my own classroom one day. I found them really helpful while writing each digital blog post. I think the digital blog posts were really cool because we got to pick our 3 favorite concepts to reflect on instead of being told what to write about. It’s easier to remember them also because we reflected on them. Our group assignments were also fun but a little more nerve racking. It’s hard to keep everyone on the same page through technology and requires a lot more attention than working on your own. It was a little difficult at times when other group members didn’t participate or not what was going on until the last minute. It’s extremely important to constantly check on your group when working on collaborative assignments. My favorite assignments were the collaborative lesson plan and our portfolio. Lesson plan gave a glimpse into the future of what it’s actually like to create your own although you’ll do it alone. The portfolio was cool because it brought together all of our assignments and ideas that we’ve done and had over the entire course. It showed all of our accomplishments and I got to see how far I’ve come since the beginning of the semester. My delicious account is great! I absolutely love it mainly because it keeps all of my favorite websites in one place. It’ll be really helpful when I become a teacher because throughout the duration of this class, I’ve found a lot of really helpful and interesting websites. I can’t really think of a way to improve this course. I found each assignment really helpful and fun to do. It was one of my favorite courses I’ve taken!




References:

Early Education Technology & Supplies | Hatch Early Learning. (n.d.). Retrieved May 01, 2016, from http://www.hatchearlylearning.com/

H. (2010). Hatch's iStartSmart System. Retrieved May 01, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrCD45JXZI

Waterford Institute | Early Learning Curriculum Software . (n.d.). Retrieved May 01, 2016, from http://www.waterford.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment